Where to find large storage facilities near me?
Everyone sometimes needs extra space to store things. If you suddenly feel like your house has become too small for all the things you have, it’s time to look for storage space. Of course, if you haven’t used them yet, you’re wondering where to find large storage facilities. While it may seem easy at first glance – just to look online, it’s not always a good option. When you are looking for storage units they must meet certain criteria. It is not easy to find just a simple internet search. You need to get a little more involved and be sure of what you are looking for. The Master Moving Guide has prepared a few things that you need to know when you are looking for additional storage space.
When looking for storage space, size matters
When you first rent storage, you probably don’t know everything. Whether you know what you’re going to store or you’ve simply realized that you have too many things. Then you are thinking about where to go with them, you need to estimate how much storage space you need. It’s not always that simple when you don’t have experience. It can often seem to you that you need a smaller or larger space for something that is the case. So our recommendation is to pack all your things first and then go looking for the right storage service. You don’t want to rent too little storage space where your items can’t even fit. But not too much storage space, which will be half empty, and will pay you more. So, before looking for storage space, make sure you know what you need.
For storage units to be able to store your belongings, they must meet the appropriate criteria. They have to be:
- clean – We don’t have to talk much about this. Do not leave your belongings in dirty storage space. Try to find the ones that are well maintained so that you can find your things in the same condition as you left them.
- dry – Another very important thing when looking for large storage spaces is that they do not have moisture and mold. You certainly don’t want your valuables to get aroused or get wet while they’re in storage. However, you will want to use them again sometime.
- safe – The most important thing when storing things is always the safety of your things. You want storage units to have great locks and ensure you know your stuff stays in safe hands.
- secured – Another thing that good and reliable storage spaces have is security. If the place where you rent storage has paid security, it tells you to take care of the safety and security of your belongings. In addition, it is not bad to have additional benefits such as video surveillance.
The most important thing is that in the end, you get your things in the same condition as you left them in the warehouse. So choose warehouses that meet all the conditions necessary for that to happen.
Consider price when finding large storage facilities
As always, price is one of the important factors when choosing storage space. When trying to find large storage facilities, inquire about the price in several places. Only when you have enough offers will you be able to choose an affordable warehouse that meets all your other criteria. Don’t rush and take cheap storage if you haven’t checked the conditions. It doesn’t matter if it is cheap when it is not safe for your things. So always choose safe before the price when renting stacks of space.
Talk to workers
Whatever the reason for looking for great storage facilities, you need to know how to properly pack for storage. The employees of the storage company can be of great help here. If you ask them, they will be happy to share with you many storage tips and packings. Until then, here are a few things to look out for.
- Disassemble everything that can be disassembled
- Secure everything fragile with extra paper or bubble wraps
- Use quality packaging material – sturdy boxes, tapes, papers, and foils for furniture
- Choose safe transport
Choosing storage with a special services
Depending on what you are storing and you will need different storage services. Some of them are specific and not every warehouse has them. So inquire carefully when trying to find large storage facilities.
- Climate control – if you are storing things that are important to maintain a special temperature, you must choose a warehouse with this service.
- 24h access to the warehouse – if you are storing something you do not know when you will need it again, consider this option. Some warehouses allow access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and this will make it much easier for you.
- Drive-up access storage – They allow you to reach the entrance to your storage unit by car.
- Storage units with electricity – If you need to have this option, you will certainly have to pay extra.
Where to find large storage facilities?
The search for large storage facilities does not have to be too complicated. You can start it online, but you have to visit each warehouse before you decide to rent them. Compare the conditions they offer with the price and find exactly the one that suits you. You can also ask local moving companies because they also often offer good conditions for storage. It will not be difficult for you to find a suitable warehouse when you know exactly what you are looking for.