Prevent damage to your pool table – hire pool table movers
Pool tables are providing a lot of fun, but also can be very problematic when you are relocating. Moving pool table is a very difficult task. A task that you will probably need a help of the pool table movers. Sure, you can try and do it for yourself, but you are risking a serious damage. To the pool table, but also to your health.
Moving is always stressful and you need to think about every little thing. That is why is the best to delegate the biggest job to the people who are professionals and know how to handle them. That way you will save a lot of time, nerves, but also money. Hire pool table movers and moving will be an exciting experience, instead of a nerve-wracking one.
What you must know before moving a pool table
Before you start to contemplate how to move your pool table, and should you hire a pool table movers, you need to know the specifics of your item. You must be familiar with all the things that you need to consider when moving your pool table.
Type, size weight of your pool table
Size of your pool table is very important in order to organize its move. Pool tables have standard dimension and its length can be 7, 8 or 9 feet. Take a measuring tape and determine how big your is. You also should consider does your pool table has a ball return mechanism or is it a drop pocket billiards table.
The weight of the pool table is also an issue. Such a big item is very heavy. It can weight between 700 lbs. and 1,000 lbs. That is why the pool table is one of the hardest household items to relocate. Moving a pool table is difficult as moving a hot tub or a piano, for the same reasons – these items are big, heavy and at the same time very delicate. That’s why the help of professionals will make it so much easier.
The conditions of your home and the home that you are moving the pool table to is something that needs your undivided attention. You will have to inspect both locations and determine if there are any obstacles that may cause a problem during the relocation of your pool table. Are the door frames and hallways wide enough? Are there stairs? These are the questions that you need to ask yourself before you start the moving process.
Since every house or apartment is design differently, the costs of the pool table moving are calculating on a case-by-case basis. When every factor is considered, the pool tables movers will make an estimation. The reliable moving companies will insist on the in-home estimation, so they can see on the spot are there any potential problems. Beware of the companies that will give you estimation over the phone or online – they are not to be trusted. You can easily become a victim of the moving scam if you go with that kind of company.
Hiring pool table movers
As said, moving pool table is a herculean task that needs lots of patience and utmost care. You need to consider all of those mentioned things, and still, something can go wrong. Moving a pool table by yourself will take so much of your time and energy. That is why you should put your pool table into the hands of professionals.
Pool table movers that have experience will know exactly what problems the move of this big item can cause, and the best way to fix it. They have seen it all, and know how to move your pool table in the quickest and safest way, without any accidents.
Professional pool movers will make sure to disassemble, pack, transport and reassemble your pool table without any damages. Hiring a moving company that specializes in moving pool tables will give you a peace of mind, and you can focus on other things regarding moving process that need your attention.
How to choose a good pool table movers
In order to find the best and most reliable pool table movers, follow these guidelines:
- Research – The first step to finding excellent pool table movers is finding possible candidates. Go online and see what are the most recommended moving companies that provide that service. Make a list of the ones that you prefer and start calling. Your list should contain at least three (ideally five )companies. After contacting all of them, hear their offer, and cross the ones you don’t like off the list.
- Check the license – Having a valid license is a first criterion that you need to focus when considering pool table movers. A legitimate moving company will have a unique six-digit code – the US DOT number. United States Department of Transportation is issuing this license, and you can check its validity at the Department of Transportation database.
- Insurance – Beside the US DOT number, a company has to have insurance. Check if the company has it, and what it covers. Needless to say that you should avoid companies that don’t have insurance or license.
- Experience – Another important thing is how much experience pool table movers that you are considering have. The companies that are longer in the business, should be at the very top of your list of potential movers.
- Reviews – Reputation of the company say a lot about its quality. That is why you should carefully read all the reviews and comments posted online about the certain moving company. Ask the pool table movers to provide you with the contact list of some of their former clients for references. A company that doesn’t want to provide you with that information is very suspicious. Cross it off your list.
Ask the right questions
After you choose the pool table movers, it’s time for the on-site estimation. This estimation is crucial for organizing your moving budget.
When the representatives of the selected companies arrive at your home, don’t hesitate to ask them everything you need to know about moving your pool table. Don’t forget to ask these questions:
- How long will the relocation take? If there is overtime, will I be charged for that?
- What safety measures will you take to ensure that my pool table won’t be damaged?
- How will you protect pool table have during transportation?
- How many movers will be in charge of the moving?
A reliable moving company will also have a lot of question for you. Professional movers will need to know about the dates of the moving, staircases, access, dimensions they may need to measure and other things that can possibly be problematic. If pool table movers make an estimation without asking you any question or taking any measurements (of the hallways, doors and the pool table itself), you should consider hiring another company.