Moving your pool table locally
Moving your pool table locally shouldn’t be a hassle. Yes, it is a massive furniture piece, and yes it is difficult to maneuver. However, with proper tips, you will be able to move it without breaking a sweat. Our team of experts with years of experience at Master Moving Guide came up with the right tips you can use. Continue reading to find out more!
Should you hire professional movers?
By now you are probably wondering if you should hire professional movers to move your pool table locally. Since it is a local move, you might think it is unnecessary. You can call a couple of friends to help you disassemble and transport it. But it’s advisable to think again. If you truly want to prevent damage to your pool table, hire pool table movers. After all, a pool table is a big piece of furniture. It is quite heavy and difficult to transport. That’s why it is best you hire professionals. Both for the pool table and your friends. Surely you want to avoid your friends getting an injury while transporting the pool table.
But before you hire the first company to run into, check if they are the right company for the job. So start your research for the right moving company by looking online. Check what services they offer and if they have specified that they can move a pool table. Once you are certain they offer that service as well, continue on with your background research. During your next step, check if they have a license and insurance. Make sure that they have experience by reading a couple of online reviews. Usually, previous customers can leave reviews on the company’s website. And if you can’t find it on the website, check Yelp or Google Customer Reviews. Certainly, you can find a couple of online reviews that can help you with making the right decision. So don’t be lazy, look online for local moving companies and make the right choice.
How much does moving your table locally cost?
We are going to be straightforward, moving a pool table can be expensive. Of course, there are a couple of factors that can change the price. The price will vary depending on the distance, whether the pool table has to be carried up or down the stairs, how accessible your home is. Also, if you want to hire professionals to disassemble the pool table, you have to take the cost of that service into consideration. The best thing to do is to contact the local movers to inform yourself. The pool table isn’t a cheap item, so try your best to keep it as safe as possible.
Can you move a pool table without disassembling it?
Pool tables are usually huge. Sometimes they can take up the whole room. Therefore, it might be difficult to move the whole pool table through the home. You might have narrow doorways or hallways. And things might be even more difficult if the pool table is in the basement of the first floor. That’s why you have to measure out your doorways, so that you know if it will be necessary to disassemble your pool table. If you think you can’t easily fit the entire pool table in the doorways, or if it is just too heavy, it’s better to disassemble it. Sure it might take you a while to do it, but it will be worth it. If you were wondering how to prepare for movers, this is one thing you can do to help them out. If you take the time to get the pool table ready for movers, it will make the entire relocation a lot faster.
How to disassemble a pool table?
Moving your pool table locally will go faster if you choose to take it apart. Alright, now that you know you should disassemble the pool table. Let’s check out how to do it in the safest and quickest way possible. Follow this simple tutorial and your pool table will stay damage-free throughout the entire relocation.
- Step 1. Start disassembling the pool table by removing the six ball pockets. If they are stapled to the pool table, use the staple remover to get them off. But if they are screwed down use a simple screwdriver to take out the screws. Just remember to put all the screws in the same place, so you don’t lose them.
- Step 2. Then you have to remove pool table rails. They have usually bolted down, so you will need to use a wrench to separate them. Be careful when you are handling pool table rails and slowly remove them from the table. Make sure you pack them carefully, to avoid damaging them.
- Step 3. Now you have to remove the felt from the table. Pack the cloth carefully, so that it can’t be torn during the transport. If the felt is already too worn out, you can simply rip it off the pool table. Then you can get a new one when you arrive at your new home.
- Step 4. Once the felt is gone, you can use a power drill to take apart the slates. They can be quite heavy so be careful while removing them. Wrap them up separately with moving blankets. It’s really important to wrap them carefully. A pool table comes with three slates, so if you damage one you will have to get three new slates.
- Step 5. At last, you must remove the legs and the frame. This is a very easy step. Use the drill to take the legs of the frame. Wrap each piece individually. And get ready to move it to the truck.
Make sure you are up for the task
It’s wonderful that you believe in yourself, but don’t overestimate yourself. It’s totally okay if you need to ask for help. Avoid any undesirable injuries and hire professional movers that have experience with moving pool tables. Once you are in your new home, you can learn new ways to play pool. Play it like a mathematician, you can play snooker, carom, straight pool or you can stick to American-style eight ball. Now you know all the tips for moving your pool table locally. Hopefully, you will make the right decision. Have fun playing pool in your new home.