How to load a moving truck like a pro
Relocating your home often involves a lot of troublesome issues that need resolving. One of them is – how to load a moving truck like a pro. And since moving is a complex process that involves a lot of details, the answer is not all that simple. There are a lot more relocation tasks that will influence the resolution of this one. Luckily, Master Moving Guide will help you find answers to these moving questions and more. In the following article, we will teach you professional secrets that many people do not know. Take a look!
Prepare your items for loading onto a moving truck
As we mentioned, there are certain moving-related tasks you will need to do before hiring local movers and loading the truck. Based on how well you do these preparational tasks, you will be able to tell whether you have successfully learned how to load a moving truck like a pro. Therefore, it would be best to keep in mind that you have to do the following before loading a truck:
- Prepare your belongings for the move – decluttering, sorting, and listing your belongings is a must if you wish to know how to load a moving truck like a pro.
- Pack your belongings appropriately – getting the right moving supplies and packing your belongings appropriately is one of the most crucial moving-related tasks that will help with loading the moving truck in the most efficient way.
- Take additional moving services – if you wish to have a stress-free relocation, it would be best to transfer some of the tasks onto the moving professionals. Furthermore, there are some things that you probably shouldn’t try to do yourself.
First, you need to make sure that your items are packed properly
Packaging is the most important thing when it comes to loading a moving truck like a pro. How many things you will be able to fit onto the truck depends on your choice of packing materials. Therefore, you will need to choose them carefully. It would be best if you stuck to the essentials. Things like bubble wrap, packing paper, and cardboard boxes will be sufficient. However, you need to be careful when packing. If you don’t sort items evenly throughout the box, you risk wasting available space. So, make sure that every box is fully packed but that the items are not crammed together. If you cram everything in one box, you risk damaging your belongings.
What tools do you need to use to load a moving truck?
If you want to place your belongings like a professional, you can get some tools that can help with that. Most often, people use things like forklifts, pallet stackers, or scissor lift tables. If you can’t get your hands on this kind of fancy equipment, you can acquire a moving dolly and a loading ramp. Now, those pieces of equipment can be too expensive to buy just for one move. Luckily, there are places where you can rent them. Be aware though that some rental trucks come with a loading ramp already. So make sure that you check that before you rent or buy one.
Now, let’s take a look at how to load a moving truck like a pro
Lastly, it would be best to sort them in the truck like they were Lego blocks. No space in the truck should be left empty. After all, you want to get your money’s worth. Make sure that every box is placed on top of the other so as to fill the moving truck from top to bottom. Don’t forget to load the largest and heaviest things first. Here is what the process should look like exactly:
- Load the bulkiest items first
- The biggest items like pieces of furniture should be taken apart before loading
- Bulky pieces of furniture that cannot be disassembled should be placed in the upright position
- Roll up your rugs, pack them in shrink wrap, and place the in an upright position as well
- The lightest items should be loaded last
- Awkwardly shaped and delicate items should be squeezed in within the remaining gaps
- Make sure that you distribute weight evenly across the trailer
- Secure everything with moving straps
Another benefit of proper packing is that you will reduce your moving costs. You may have asked yourself – how many movers do I need? Well, the fewer belongings you have, the fewer people you will have to hire. However, a moving company will decide how many moving professionals they will send to help with your relocation.
How big of a moving truck do you need?
The size of your moving truck will largely depend on the number of your moving boxes. To know precisely, it would be wise to get a free moving estimate before moving. This means that professionals will come to your home and evaluate the cost of your move or you can get it online. You should get the details regarding the moving truck that will be of great help. In any case, try avoiding getting a small moving truck if you aren’t sure that’s the one you need. Renting them may be cheaper, but you risk paying extra for another one if it proves the first one is too small.
Hopefully, now you know how to load a rental truck like a pro
Hopefully, after reading this article, you will know how to load a moving truck like a pro. And you’ve seen that there are many things you need to consider before loading the truck. All the pros follow those steps. In order to do it like them, remember to first sort out the belongings so unnecessary items won’t take the space on the truck. Next, pack them with proper moving supplies in order not to waste space. And finally, sort them inside the truck without leaving any extra empty space. If you are not sure that you can do it properly search for furniture movers near me and find reliable professionals to help you Some things are best left to the pros.