How to choose the right piano movers
Relocation is a challenging activity for most people. The reasons for this are numerous, from extensive paperwork to getting used to new surroundings. But the most obvious reason is the necessary preparations. It takes a lot of precise planning and good organization skills to pull off an average household relocation. Fortunately, you can always call Master Moving Guide, your trustworthy ally in finding the perfect movers. It is extremely important to hire reliable movers, especially if you are transporting valuable items such as expensive artwork or pianos. However, finding the right moving partner can be tricky, as the competition is fierce, and not all moving companies represent a good choice. But don’t worry, you have come to the right place. So, stay with us, as we will explain to you how to choose the right piano movers so that you could move with your mind at peace.
Why you should hire piano movers in the first place?
Like we already pointed out, moving can be quite difficult because of all the packing preparations. Furthermore, moving can be quite a challenging physical activity. Sure, most people won’t have any problems with packing their clothes or books or carrying boxes with these items. But what about large and heavy stuff such as furniture, appliances, or pianos? This could be especially problematic for older people who are not in peak physical condition. In this case, senior movers present an efficient and affordable solution. So, why is it important to hire reliable assistance when moving a piano?
- Your piano will be in safe hands. We are talking about a delicate and expensive piece of equipment. Furthermore, pianos often have sentimental value for their owners. The most important thing is that it arrives at its destination in one piece, right? Well, professional movers use the best packing tools, as well as sophisticated packing techniques to ensure that your valuable piano stays safe during transport.
- You will save time. Hiring moving partners will enable you to concentrate on other important duties.
- Avoid injuries. Handling heavy objects requires certain skills and techniques. If you are not sure how to do it properly, you should leave that part to professionals.
Choose the right piano movers with the help of your friends
When it comes to important life decisions, nothing beats the power of a friendly recommendation. The same applies to choosing professional piano movers. So, do you know someone who moved recently? Were they also moving a piano? If that is the case, you should ask your friends and relatives to recommend you a reliable piano moving company. Even if their experience was a bad one, you will at least know who not to hire. That is also something, and it will help you in your quest. All things considered, you should start your search for reliable moving partners by asking your friends for advice.
Do some online research for initial info and ideas
No luck with friends? Well, the next logical step would be to consult the internet. Fortunately, it is possible to find virtually anything on the internet these days, including moving advice. The first place to go to is the moving company’s website. This is the place where all relevant info about the company should be listed. So, what are the most important info to lookup?
- The quality of the website in general. Like we already said, every reliable moving company must have a website with sufficient information about the company such as their business practices, contact info, list of services, terms, and a picture gallery.
- Reviews section. What do other customers think of that company? Genuine user feedback speaks volumes about the company and the quality of its services.
- Licenses and certificates. What every moving company must have is a permanent headquarters and permission to operate on the market. One such license is the USDOT number issued by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Reliable moving companies offer transparent terms
Another thing to keep in mind when searching for reliable piano movers is the beforementioned licenses. What makes licensed moving companies different from fraudulent companies are terms and moving contracts. For example, reputable companies offer clear and understandable terms, and their contracts don’t have hidden clauses with additional costs. Furthermore, reputable companies will agree to give you binding moving estimates. So, what is a binding estimate, and what is a non-binding estimate?
- A non-binding estimate is a rough appraisal of how much the move will cost. The final price can be 10% higher than the estimate but not more than that.
- A binding estimate is a previously agreed price that you will have to pay when the job is done. Your company can’t charge you more than previously agreed. The company will send their representative to do an appraisal of your belongings. Then, they will give you a written assessment.
Other important criteria to choose the right piano movers
So far, we saw how to conduct online research, and why it is important to hire a licensed moving company. But there are also some other important things to remember:
- Customer service quality. Does the company answer its customers’ questions in a timely manner? Bad communication is just the beginning of more serious problems.
- Are their employees friendly, polite, and open to communication? Are they uniformed and professional?
- State of equipment and vehicles. Trucks, vans, and moving supplies are the most important tools for every moving company. If these are in bad shape, you can expect problems.
- What services do they provide? Moving and transportation services, storage services and packing services are the most important services every moving must offer. The best companies also offer a wide array of other services as a testament to their expertise and experience in dealing with all types of moving challenges.
These were some things to consider when your goal is to choose the right piano movers. Follow our advice and you are good to go. Good luck!