How Much Does It Cost to Pack for a Move
When you plan the moving process, the very first thing you need to learn about is the expenses. Especially when it comes to the packing process. You would want to learn what are the factors that will influence the cost to pack for a move. Now, Master Moving Guide knows a lot about this topic and we will tell you what you need to do before the move. Especially how you can save money first. Here are our 2 cents about it.
What to do before you begin packing
There are many things that you can do before you begin packing for the move. And the very first one is to decide what items you wish to move with you. When you learn that, you will be able to save money on moving for sure. Now, this is not a simple process. It is called decluttering and it can take some time to finish depending on what you want to do with your items. So, what you can do is the following:
- Make a list of all belongings that you do not wish to transport to your new home. Then you can use one of the next steps to get rid of them.
- Organizing a yard or garage sale is a good idea. Because you will be able to sell the items you do not need anymore, and save some money on your move as well. You can sell them over the interstate also.
- If you have some close friends and family members living nearby, you can ask them if they want to take something off your hands. Make sure that it is in good working condition.
- You can always donate them to the charity or recycle them.
- In the end, the simplest choice is to throw them away.
These are some of the best ways you can deal with the items in your home that you do not intend on moving with yourself. Once you are done with this, you can focus on other things that can make your packing process more affordable. It is one of the best packing hacks for moving that you can use for sure.
How you can save money on packing supplies
When it comes to packing, there are several things you need to always have in mind. First things first, figure out what kind of items are you moving to your new home. If you are planning to move something valuable, expensive, and fragile then you will always use brand new packing supplies. On other hand, if moving regular and sturdy items is in order, then you can use used boxes and other packing materials. There are several ways you can get your hands on them. They include things like:
- Looking around your neighborhood and talking with store owners. Usually, they will give you their used boxes for free, since they will probably throw them away.
- If some of your friends or quittances moved recently, then you can ask them to give you their used packing supplies. This can be useful when moving.
- You can always go online and see if someone is willing to sell their leftover packing supplies.
Some of the items you need for the move you already have in your home. You can always use old blankets, pillowcases, socks, and other things as wrapping materials when it comes to packing. Also, you can use old newspapers as well when it comes to packing glass items. They are the perfect wand that will provide your belongings with perfect protection during the move. You can also get help from local movers and get ready to move with ease. With the help of professionals, you will be able to move fairly easily and without any moving delays.
How much does it cost to pack for a move?
Now that you know how you can save money on packing supplies and the packing process, it is time we talk about the main focus of this article. In the following part, you will learn what you need to have in mind when planning to pack for the move and hire professional packers. Here is the cost list:
- The average cost of the packing services can go around $1000. With the lowest being $300 and the highest at $2,300.
- Depending on the number of rooms you have can depend on the square footage. For example, 4400 sq. ft can go from $270 to $550. While 1,250+ square footage goes for $2,200.
- Packers can charge you by the hour as well. For example, an hourly rate can go from $50 to $150.
- The weight of the items also defines the cost of the move.
These are some of the most important factors you need to have in mind when planning your move. It will help you organize your packing process properly, and you won’t end up losing money. Furthermore, you will be able to save some money if you know how to prepare for movers. It is the best way you can approach this issue without losing any valuable time.
This is what you need to have in mind when it comes to the cost to pack for a move. It will help you plan your move properly, and you won’t have to worry about losing too much money when it comes to the packing process. It is sometimes for the best if you hire professional movers to pack you for the move. In the long run, they can save you a lot of time and know just how much packing supplies to use for the move. It is something that can help you move fast and safely. Give us a call if you are looking for more information about the moving process.