Bonuses you should offer to customers as movers
There are countless moving companies a person could hire. That’s why it’s important to stand out and make sure your company offers something that others don’t. Customers aren’t the only ones who require a moving guide, it turns out. It would be good to find a way to stand out from the crowd and make yourself seen. How are you meant to do that, you ask? Well, as someone who offers services to customers, all you need to do is be creative and innovative. What better way to attract new clients than by offering appealing services? There are certain bonuses you should offer to customers to attract them. Keep reading to find out which ones.
The basic services that movers should offer
Before you start offering bonus services, you need to make sure your company offers some of the basic services customers are looking for. Most moving companies’ services include these:
- Local moving
- Long-distance moving
- Residential moving
- Commercial and office moving
- Packing and unpacking services
So, these are some of the basic services you should offer customers as movers. Without these, you probably won’t be able to make a name for yourself in the moving industry, especially if you’re based in a competitive environment. If you have these, you might boost your business by introducing some more ways of helping people during relocation.
Additional services moving companies can offer their customers
So, other than the aforementioned services that practically every moving company offers, there are some things that might grab the interest of your customers.
- Storage services: Many people decide to place some of their belongings into storage. So, if they hire your movers and you’re able to provide storage as well, you’re a winner.
- Cross-country and international moving
- Selling packing supplies to your clients might be a good idea. Everyone needs to get supplies for packing their things. So, why not buy them from their movers? This will be very convenient for your customers and they will be sure they’re getting high-quality supplies. Think about offering this additional service to clients.
- Senior moving: This means offering senior movers who are ready to help older people relocate.
- Pet transportation: Pets are like members of the family and people want to make sure they are safe and taken care of during relocation. If you can offer this bonus service to clients, it might earn you extra points.
- Last-minute moving: Some people don’t have months or weeks to plan a move. They need to move house in a day or two and they need your help. Think about offering to move your clients in a short time so they know they can count on you in any situation.
- Small load relocation: Some people don’t require full moving assistance, but only moving a small load of things.
- Vehicle transportation and shipping
- Specialty items relocation (pianos, artwork, antiques, hot tubs, pool tables, etc.)
- Eviction moving services: If people are evicting their tenants, you might be able to save the day.
- Industrial moving: Companies will be grateful if you offer to move their entire warehouses or factories.
Offer free moving estimates to clients
An essential part of any relocation is defining a budget. However, it can be difficult to define a budget if you don’t know how much you’ll be paying the moving company. So, keep this in mind and offer your customers free moving estimates, and preferably binding ones. Wait, what are binding moving estimates, you’re wondering? This means that you are providing the customer with the exact price of the move. With binding estimates, you’re guaranteeing that there won’t be any unexpected additional fees. This will make your customers feel safer as they’ll know what they’re getting themselves into.
Bonuses unrelated to moving
Apart from the additional services that are directly related to moving house, you could also incorporate some that your customers might need after the move.
- Baby-proofing: Young families with small children would appreciate it if you could help them baby-proof their new home.
- Furniture installation, fitting and assembling: Lots of people could benefit from getting help sorting out their furniture after they move.
- Cleaning services
- Handyman services (carpenters, electricians, plumbers, etc.)
- Home staging: A lot of people don’t have experience in selling houses, so they could use some help preparing their property for sale.
How to know which bonuses to offer customers?
There are plenty of bonus services you could offer your customers, but not all of them will give you the desired results. Why? Well, every market is different and the needs of clients in different environments are different. That’s why you’ll need to do your research and figure out which services would work for your target group. For example, there’s no point in introducing international moving services in a small town without many people. On the other hand, if your company is located in a huge city, pretty much all services are needed because there are way more clients. So, you need to do some market researching and offer bonus services according to that.
Should you offer bonuses to customers?
As you’re able to tell, there are many bonuses you should offer customers as movers to boost your business. If you want to try something new and help your clients even more, consider some of these things. Nothing bad can come from expanding your business services and giving customers more options to choose from. So, if you want to make sure clients see that your company is the perfect choice, yes, you should offer them these bonuses.